The Best Boat Rentals in Miami, Florida
1 - 18 of 488 listings
What to know about renting a boat and renting a yacht in Miami
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat rental, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat rentals, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book bachelor and bachelorette parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat rental out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski rentals, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon rentals, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Renting a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
7 Reasons to Rent a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat rental or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat rental in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
Trip was okay, started off well. Had a good time in spite of the weather. That is until the boat broke down. We sat dead in the water for abt 45-60 minutes, and then the tow boat arrived and we made it back abt 1.5-2hrs after our originally scheduled return. This caused us to miss our dinner reservation, and soured the whole experience.
Ximena and Kevin were awesome. The yacht ride was BY FAR the best part of the Miami trip! They are amazing hosts! Make sure you bring food for them to grill! It tastes amazing and Ximena will take all of your pictures for you! Book them now you won’t regret!
James and Louise were amazing hosts. They kept us entertained and engaged with what’s happening on the boat. We played music, took a tour around the marina and saw celebrity houses. The boat was overall clean and comfortable, yet classy and luxurious. We will definitely not allow this to be a once in a lifetime opportunity, as we will visit again and take the same trip with Louise and James.
Everything about this experience was top notch. from the timely and excellent communication before, during and after, to the VIP treatment on board - and the boat was exactly as listed. should do it again in a heartbeat.
I could not recommend Ximena and Kevin more. From the second we booked the boat, she reached out to make sure we knew what to expect, sent a full itinerary and sent me all of her information. Ximena was so helpful and went above and beyond by taking group photos, making sure the music was what we wanted and just being so kind and nice. They seriously made our experience. We rented the boat for a bachelorette party and encountered some rain and they made the experience perfect regardless of the weather. Highly highly recommend!
We did a boat tour my family and I with James and it was one of our best experience...from the music we could play using Bluetooth to the boat tour...we’ve enjoyed every single seconds of it. James also offered us cheese and crackers at the end of the trip. My 3 years old daughter very much enjoyed swimming in the ocean with James. Beyond the business aspect, James was very humble and nice and I don’t think anyone can beat that. We wish James all the success in his adventure and would recommend him to anyone.